Post Detail
aniblarchi777
Lv.10

Fear of Making Mistakes in Poker: How to Get Rid of It

One of the biggest obstacles in poker isn't bad strategy, bad luck, or a weak bankroll.

It's the fear of making a mistake.

You sit at the table, face a difficult decision, and suddenly your mind starts racing:

"What if I make the wrong call?"

"What if I lose because of this decision?"

"Maybe I should just play it safe."

This fear can be extremely expensive.

🧠 Understand One Simple Truth

Mistakes are part of poker.

Even the best players in the world make mistakes. They miscalculate ranges, choose the wrong sizing, miss a spot, or make a bad decision under pressure.

The difference is that strong players don't expect themselves to play perfectly.

They focus on making the best decision they can with the information available.

Poker isn't about being right every time.

It's about making profitable decisions over thousands and thousands of hands.

🎯 Stop Judging Yourself by the Result

One of the biggest reasons players become afraid of mistakes is results-oriented thinking.

You make a good decision, lose the hand, and think:

"I shouldn't have done that."

But a bad result doesn't automatically mean a bad decision.

If you get your money in with 80% equity and lose, you didn't make a mistake.

You simply lost a hand you were supposed to win most of the time.

Learn to separate decision quality from outcome.

Judge yourself by the process, not by the result.

📚 Turn Mistakes Into Information

Instead of thinking:

"I'm terrible. I made another mistake."

Try asking:

"What can this mistake teach me?"

Review the hand.

Ask yourself:

What information did I have?

What was I thinking during the hand?

What alternatives did I have?

Was my decision theoretically correct?

Was there a better exploitative option?

What will I do differently next time?

A mistake without reflection is simply a mistake.

A mistake that you study becomes experience.

🔥 Accept That Discomfort Is Part of Growth

You can't eliminate the feeling of uncertainty from poker.

There will always be difficult spots.

There will always be decisions where you don't know whether you're making the perfect play.

And that's okay.

Your goal isn't to become fearless.

Your goal is to become comfortable making decisions despite uncertainty.

Confidence doesn't come from knowing that you'll always be right.

Confidence comes from knowing that you can handle being wrong.

💪 Build a Better Mindset

Before every session, remind yourself:

"I don't need to play perfectly. I only need to make the best decisions I can."

During the session, focus on the decision in front of you.

After the session, review your biggest mistakes without emotion.

Over time, you'll notice something important:

The mistakes you were once afraid of become normal parts of the game.

And once you stop being afraid of making mistakes, you start playing with much more freedom.

♠️ Final Thought

Poker rewards players who can make decisions under uncertainty.

You will lose hands.

You will make mistakes.

You will sometimes look back and think, "Why did I do that?"

That's poker.

Don't try to eliminate mistakes. Eliminate the fear of making them.

Because the goal isn't to become a player who never makes mistakes.

The goal is to become a player who learns faster than everyone else.

Latest Comments

anhtu
anhtu
2026-08-20 01:45:52

谢谢你的话语,学习了,I get it

阿能能能能能能
阿能能能能能能
2026-08-19 23:47:52

感謝分享,情緒穩定保持正確的決策很重要

Gold_03457
Gold_03457
2026-08-19 22:04:11

感谢无私分享,受益良多

Kexinbika666
Kexinbika666
2026-08-19 21:16:23

说的好,学会正确处理自己的情绪

Zoo Mà húp
Zoo Mà húp
2026-08-19 18:59:39

Tôi thấy phải có yếu tố mai mắn nữa ạ

asvista
asvista
2026-08-19 16:58:07

If you have a weak bankroll, play micro-limits at the Nabratsa Opita, then only compete in a larger competition.

SerendipityM99
SerendipityM99
2026-08-19 12:57:28

Lặp đi lặl lại sẽ vuợt qua đc rào tâm lí

SerendipityM99
SerendipityM99
2026-08-19 12:57:12

Trách mình thì nên làm lại

Ki3l16
Ki3l16
2026-08-19 11:50:22

Thanks for another knowledge

中野宣威go
中野宣威go
2026-08-19 11:03:45

老經驗確實 不聽前輩言吃虧在桌上

惯你一生💕
惯你一生💕
2026-08-19 10:24:22

这是经验丰富多彩,优秀的人