Today I played an important QQPK freeroll with the chance to compete for a Triton ONE × QQPK Genesis Ticket. The format was Hyper NLHE with a 10K starting stack, so from the very beginning I had to play actively and pay close attention to the table dynamics.
The tournament was fast-paced and intense. In freerolls like this, you can really feel the pressure: every chip matters, and just a few big hands can completely change your position at the table.
♠️ One of the key hands
I had K♥3♥. The flop came:
10♥ 3♣ K♠
I made two pair — kings and threes. After my opponent bet, I decided to play aggressively and moved ALL-IN.
The turn was 9♣, and the river was 10♦.
My opponent had J♦10♦, and the ten on the board gave them a set. I ended up losing a big pot — 40.23 BB.
💭 What did I take away from this hand?
The main lesson is that even two pair can be vulnerable in a big pot, especially when the board develops in a way that can strengthen the opponent’s range. Hands like this are especially valuable to review after the tournament: looking at the possible hands my opponent could have, their betting line, and whether the ALL-IN was really the best decision.
Despite the result, I’m happy to have the opportunity to play tournaments like this. Freerolls with tickets to major events are a great chance to gain valuable experience, test your game under pressure, and compete for a significant prize.
Latest Comments
No comments, come and grab the sofa~