Post Detail
GeL
Lv.11

🃏My Final Hand in the Triton ONE Freeroll - AQo vs AA

  • - RANK 52

  • - Game ID: 5376142✅

Another tough finish for me in the Triton ONE Freeroll.

My last hand was A♠Q♦ in the BB. The action came to me after a late-position raise, and I decided to play a little loose because I had noticed that the player was also playing quite loose and aggressive throughout the tournament.

I made a 2x raise, but when he reraised me, I thought he was trying to steal my blind again because of his position and the way he had been playing. Looking back, this was probably where I made my biggest mistake.

I should have slowed down and just called the re-raise instead of getting too aggressive with AQo. I ended up getting involved against pocket AA, which put me in a very difficult spot.

The board came K♠ J♠ 8♣ 7♠ K♦ and unfortunately I couldn't improve enough to win the hand.

My biggest takeaway from this tournament is that AQ can look very strong, but it's still important to respect a re-raise, especially when stacks are getting shorter. I also learned that reading an opponent as loose and aggressive doesn't mean every re-raise is a bluff.

I enjoyed the tournament and made it quite deep, but this final hand definitely gave me something to think about for my next game.

Hopefully I can make a better decision in the same spot next time! ^_^

Latest Comments

No comments, come and grab the sofa~